MC Personnel are really excited to bring you this position working for our client based in Sittingbourne, Kent. This is a brand new role!!
If you are a M&E Design / Technical Manager and looking for a new exciting challenge this could be the role for you! Working within small offices don’t be fooled, this company have big ambitions and are a great team to work within! If you want a role where you can be heard and really make great waves then do not hesitate to submit your details!
We are hoping to find the right person very soon and interviewing will take place asap!
The successful candidate will support the company Subcontractor Design Coordinators / Design Managers and the Operational / Commercial Team with managing the design, delivery, coordination and design approvals for M&E Installations, from pre-planning through to completion of works on site.
The M&E Design/Technical Manager will manage the company mechanical and electrical consultants in the execution of their duties and where required assist in the management of sub-contractors.
– Support Head of Design in formal appointments of Design Consultants, ensuring design responsibilities are clearly defined and fully aligned with project objectives.
– Work closely with the subcontract Design Team to deliver project information in accordance with employer requirements and programme.
– Assist with / Monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for pre-construction and construction activities.
– Review M&E design information at tender stage and undertake a full design gap analysis to advise the bidding team of any design non-compliance, risks / opportunities
– Assist, when required, in the selection and appointment of the M&E consultant designers and design and build sub-contractors.
– Ensure M&E designs and details produced are economic and do not exceed budgeted or estimated cost without good reason and are in conformance with the specified or detailed requirements for quality.
– Ensure the M&E design is accurately delivered and to industry quality onsite through routine inspections on site and is validated on completion of the works
– Attend and where necessary chair client engagement / RDD and M&E design team meetings arranging attendance for all company in house and consultant designers as required.
– Support other members of the design team to meet key project milestones.
– Guide, coach and support other members of the design team to share best practice and strive to learn and advance own personal knowledge and experience
– Review the performance of sub-contractors and Consultants and their suitability to remain on the supply chain
– Check third party commissioning certificates and collate.
– Assist in producing Operating and Maintenance manuals.
– Provide a monthly M&E key issues report to directly to the Director
– Experience as an M&E Design Manager / Building Services Manager and of managing, coaching and mentoring a team.
– Have experience of Building Services design through all stages from concept to co-ordinated installation drawings, technical submissions and O&Ms
– Experience of design and build contracts with specific knowledge of high rise residential buildings
– Working knowledge of CDM Regulations and expert knowledge of CIBSE guides, Building Regulations, Building Bulletins and Health Technical Memorandums.
– Working knowledge of working with BREEAM
– Previous Auto CAD experience
General Working week is Monday – Friday, 8am – 5.30pm
Salary is depending on experience however the bracket placed on it is £70k – £85k. There are other company benefits offered also, which can be discussed.