My client is an experienced General, Operational and HR Manager with an all round commercial acumen. Please find a brief overview below:
• Currently employed as an Operations Manager for a food manufacturing business.
• Previously employed as a Pack house / Production Manager within the Fresh Produce industry (Fruit).
• Other experience includes
o General Manager for a Fresh Produce group specialising in Flowers and Vegetables.
o Sales Manager for a Tiles, Bathroom and Lighting company.
o Workshop Manager for a Computer business.
• Management of packing, production, planning and warehousing.
• Implementation and continued improvement of KPI’s and reporting structures.
• Introduction of business systems (ERP).
• Overseeing projects for expansion of facilities and machinery.
• Ensuring compliance of standards (Fairtrade, UTZ, Kosher, Organic, BRC)
• Responsible for budgets & expenditure within the departments.
• Management and HR responsibility for 100 direct employees and a seasonal workforce of up to 2,500 people.
• Financial management of a budget of $20 million including forecasting, proposals, customers and suppliers.
Key Achievements and Qualifications
• Nominated as representative and spokesman for the horticultural industry.
• Reduced Pack house costs by 12% within the first fiscal year.
• Improved Pack house OEE by £0.04 per unit increasing profitability in excess of £5500 per week.
• MBA (in progress – 6 out of 8 modules completed)
• CIPD Level 7 Diploma – Employment Law
• PC Fundamentals – Hardware and Software Support
• Food Safety in Management – Level 2.
• IOSH – Managing Safety.
• British Safety Council – Health & Safety for Managers.
• Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – Affiliate Member.
• CIPD – Student Member.
• Based in Kent, my client is happy to travel up to 90 minutes each way and potentially relocate if required.