Our small family run client based in Gillingham are seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join their team.
As an equipment supplier to schools, leisure centres, clubs and homes throughout the UK this role is challenging as well as versatile and ever evolving.
Normal working hours will be Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (with occasion earlier starts or later finishes so please be flexible)
You will also be required to attend sponsored events which are held at weekends (approx 14 per annum), all expenses will be covered.
Duteis and responsibilies
- Maintain vehicles – ensuring all vehicles are insured, taxed, services and road worthy. Booking in regular safety inspections, tail lift servicing and tacho calibrations where required. Also you will be expected to keep up to date with any new laws and requirements.
- Stock management – being responsible for maintaining a system of reordering the most popular products.
- Planning & organising deliveries – maintaining contact with our suppliers to organise the storage and distribution of goods. This may also involve making some deliveries personally if required.
- Event Management – driving equipment to events in 18 tonne lorry, supervising a safe set up / down, maintaining and repairing equipment during the events, as well as being on hand for customer enquiries during the events. It will be your responsibility at events to supervise a team and make sure everyone is following H&S procedures. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HGV LICENCE THIS CAN BE GAINED AT A LATER STAGE.
Qualifications and Requirements
- It Literate
- Ability to manage own working time in line with the Road Transport Directive
- Ensure you adhere to tachograph rules and EU Driver Hours regulations at all times
- Valid Driving licence (CAT C would be an advantage)
- Digi Tacho Card
- Valid CPC License
- Age over 25 for insurance purposes
Basic starting salary is £18k per annum (additional pay for weekends and additional hours) – Monthly pay
This is a permanent position and ideally the right candidate would be able to start ASAP.